InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts has added to its portfolio of bespoke Insider Experiences with programs in five of this year’s most sought-after travel cities; Amsterdam, Istanbul, Bucharest, Athens and Geneva.
Curated in association with iconic brands, influential experts and artisans, the new experiences feature private access to fashion ateliers, behind-the-scenes visits to the markets of Eastern Europe, and a private tutorial with one of the most prestigious Swiss watchmakers. Guests are offered a new perspective on the city and the chance to experience traditional craftsmanship up close.
InterContinental Hotels & Resorts has built on existing partnerships with celebrated names that include Ladurée, Floris, Foster & Son and Museo Sorolla. The collection now features in 12 destinations across Europe, including London, Madrid and Porto. The experiences are available to guests staying in InterContinental Hotels & Resorts signature suites, which feature stunning spaces overlooking the world’s most iconic locations.
The five new Insider Experiences are:
- Celebrating Van Gogh in Amsterdam – InterContinental® Amstel Amsterdam has partnered with Tribute International to give guests an exclusive tour of the Van Gogh museum. This will be followed by a boat tour with one of the hotel’s salon boats through Amsterdam and a Van Gogh themed dining experience in the Michelin star restaurant, La Rive restaurant accompanied by wine tasting.
- From 7th September – 5th December 2015, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam is hosting a special exhibition of Van Gogh. The Van Gogh Relievos, a combination of the latest in 3D and 2D technology, craftsmanship, and handiwork are ‘indistinguishable’ from the originals hanging in the Van Gogh Museum.
- Art and Soul in Bucharest – Through InterContinental® Bucharest guests will enjoy a behind-the-scenes tour in the heart of ‘Little Paris’ with local fashion designers, culinary artists and art houses. The experience includes private visits to Romania’s most renowned art auctions house Artmark (www.artmark.ro ), and Dan Coma & Doina Levintza’s fabulous atelier. The famous Chef Joseph Hadad will design a special menu called “Secrets of the city”. The experience will close with an indulgent dinner hosted by Professor Ion Bansoiu, the passionate owner of the BiblioArte private members club, whose tales of “la belle époque” promise to delight and surprise.
- Crafting Time in Geneva – In collaboration with Gianna Loredan and Laurent Ferrier, InterContinental® Genève has created a bespoke insider experience that explores the International Geneva, its world-renowned craftspeople as well as its art of watchmaking. Guests will discover the art of a specialist craft through these living legends. The experience includes an exclusive tour of the Laurent Ferrier’s workshop and offers the chance to experiment with the art of watchmaking. An invitation to the Woods Restaurant will ensure they gain a look into both the creative and gastronomic expertise Geneva has to offer but also to discover an exclusive desert inspired by watchmaking, specially created for them by the Pastry Chef of InterContinental Genève.
- A Taste of Istanbul – InterContinental® Istanbul has teamed up with award-winning historian, travel writer and VIP travel guide, Saffet Emre Tonguç to take guests on an exclusive tour of the city’s most dynamic sights, including the Sultan Ahmet Mosque and Hagia Sophia Museum. Guests will savour the tastes of traditional Turkish cuisine at Nar Restaurant before heading into the famous Grand Bazaar and gaining special access to its rooftop with breath-taking views of Istanbul’s historic Peninsula.
- The Art of Greek Goldsmithing – In partnership with Ilias Lalaounis, Greece’s only jewellery museum, InterContinental® Athenaeum Athens’ experience invites guests to delve into the secrets behind the country’s most treasured jewels crafted by the celebrated jewellery designer as well as trying their hand at silver and goldsmithing. Following this, guests will take in the dazzling view of the Acropolis whilst dining on a selection of Mediterranean delicacies.
Wherever guests’ passions lie — in art, fashion, design, culture, or gastronomy, the experiences will give them the opportunity to access these worlds like never before.
InterContinental Hotels and Resorts has 30 hotels in Europe with a further 5 in the pipeline*. Visit www.intercontinental.com/insiderexperiences to find out more.
*figures as at 30th July 2015